Thursday, June 3, 2010

living sitchiation

My husband and I have been married almost 4 years. I cant believe it. Some times it seems like way longer and in other ways it doesnt seem like that long at all. The Christmas after we got married Mark lost his job, so we moved in with my parents. We lived in a missionary's home for 6 months in 08. But other than that we have lived here with my parents. Mark has an awesome job with Gwinnett County working on the school buses, but his pay leaves much to be desired. We have some cash to buy a house and we have been looking for almost 2 years now and havent been able to find anything. We either find one we like and it has a contract on it already or it's too expensive. My parents are awesome and gracious for allowing us to be here so long and have been nothing but helpful and understanding. But we are all tired of us being here. I have prayed and prayed asking the Lord to show us something but nothing yet. I have been very patient but unfortunately it's running thin and I find myself more and more discontent with where we are. My heart's desire is to have our own home, to be a family of our own. To be able to cook, clean, and do laundry like I want to. I feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I am wicked discouraged and I hate it! I want to be this strong christian wife who doesnt doubt the Lord and His timing and ultimately I am. But Im selfish and sinful and can't seem to get out of this rut. I keep telling myself, "Wait on the Lord, and be of good courage and He will strengthen your heart". I know that's true and I believe it, otherwise I wouldn't get out of bed in the morning. God is good and has given me so much. I have no reason to complain. He will take care of us and give us our home when it's time. His time. So we will keep looking and praying, asking God to guide our every step.

1 comment:

  1. I lived with my parents for a while too. I know the benefits and the frustrations. Hang in there and keep praying, I will certainly add you to my prayers.
    Do you have a Realtor helping you? If so have you tried any others, a good Realtor could make a difference.

    ReplyDelete